Thursday, June 23, 2011
My Real Car
My first car, I bought a '67 Chevy Belair from a friend for $90 in 1974. I remember making quite a few fun trips in that car. Gas was .35 a gallon then. I couldn't take a can of oil with me, though, I had to carry a case of oil with me. I drove it for a year or so, using oil like gas, It was costing too much. It was stalled at the Tech. school in East Grand Forks. Because the parking tickets ended up being more than I paid for the car, I gave it to the cops. My second car was a '69 Chevy and I drove it a couple years, I called it the Barretta, because the TV show "Barretta was on at the time." Oh, I dream now, if I only had these cars now, they are such classic relics. I still drive used cars and they always seem to run long enough, so I'd get my moneys worth. So I'd have to say I've had a few "real cars."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment